Friday, August 1, 2014

My favorite month...August and a Currently!

Favorite, because it's my birthday month and it's the start of a new school year. Yes, sad to see summer go, but it's the thought of new beginnings. I've had the summer to reflect on last year and now it's time for fresh ideas, new adventures and "out of the box" thinking!

And . . . it's time for a new installment of Currently with Farley!



Listening - Love Castle!

Thinking - My very dear friend was just named our assistant principal. She is a quiet private person, but will move mountains for what is best for students. I'm excited to work with her in a different capacity!

Loving - the week of memories we just created. 9 more days of summer for me.  Check back tomorrow for some fun pictures of our week.

Wanting - It has been so much fun having my daughter at my school for the last 5 years . . . now, she's off to the Jr. School. Insert tear . . . She is ready! She has the locker chandelier, mirror, pen pouch, and locker wallpaper!

Needing - My husband left for Colorado . . . I couldn't find my charger . . . he returned. Forgot to charge it . . .  off the grid! Oh, I could go on with the excuses, but no more!!! I'm going to go find it right now! (It really is motivating when you compete with friends.)

1st Day: As an ITS, I have 5 additional days. 3 at the beginning of the year and 2 at the end of the year.
Teachers are back on my birthday! Our district keeps sending out these little snippets of the big production they are putting together for the 1st day back for Convocation!

P.S. When I was in the classroom, I used Farley's Currently for the Classroom. My students loved them!

Have a fantastic Friday!

7 comments:

  1. How exciting for your friend! I have a friend who got a new job too...I can't lie--I'm a little jealous! As for having a 6th grader...my son is starting his junior year and it just makes me sick. SIGH! Have a great school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, my goodness . . . I couldn't image having a junior.

      Delete
  2. I love Castle. I often have it on during these summer afternoons. I can't wait to see the new episodes this fall. I'm glad to meet another fan.
    Artistry of Education

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I would panic if my phone went down. Found you through Currently and now following.

    Brandi
    My Teacher Friend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was actually my Fitbit flex charger. It would not be pretty if it had been my phone! Whew!!!

      Delete
  4. hey we start on the same day... except I am in PD the whole time... yuckity yuck yuck... so excited to see you at the ATX meet up :)

    ReplyDelete