Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Currently

Today, I was talking with one of my favorite teachers that I work with about organizing a Genius Hour. That conversation led to a discussion about our teacher portfolio evaluation that was due today which then led to the fact that I had not blogged in a long time. Basically, she called me out! Called out in a good way. I love blogging, but have gotten bogged down by other things! There have been some amazing things that have happened recently, so I will come back and blog about them.

For now, I just can't miss a Currently!


Listening - My daughter just finished up her book project. A bit of glitter . . . a few sequins . . . and sparkly markers make for a glitzy project!

My daughter loves the Whatever After series of books!


Loving: Since, I was a winner last year, I got to judge the HEB Excellence in Education finalists for the Leadership category.  The awards ceremony is this weekend! I can't wait!!!! What makes this even more special, is the fact that, a teacher from our district is up for the Rising Star category, another is up for the Leadership category and our district is up for Large District category! This is super exciting!!!  And . . . the keynote is Tom Brokaw! 

Thinking: I just realized that the EdCamp Region4TX is just down the street from where I'm staying this weekend! Yes, I could shop at the Houston Galleria, but no . . . I am soooo going to EdCamp! If you have never attended an EdCamp, look for one near you! They are unbelievable!


Wanting: I just got a FitBit Flex . . . I'm obsessed with it! What I'm more obsessed about, is the fact that, I can't figure out how to beat my friend and the number of steps she does in a week. I soooo want to beat her!

Needing: I need to just write it up!!! 

Surprise: Terri has some amazing ideas for taking your class to that next level in 21st century learning. Terri and I have been Twitter friends and then I had the unique (small world) opportunity to meet her at an awards ceremony. She inspires me to look for new and innovative things that take students and teachers to that next level of learning! You can also follow her on Twitter . . . @terrieichholz


Happy May!

14 comments:

  1. I've heard about so many people who are obsessed with their FitBit! I'm glad you're loving it too! That glitzy glam project looks great. That girl is lucky to have a teacher mom who's an expert at gitterfying things!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The best part is that my daughter has learned to love reading due to these projects every month. She's a project girl!

      Delete
  2. Wow! What an honor for you to have won that award and now get to judge for it! So exciting! Congrats on the accomplishment- so glad I found you through the currently link-up! Enjoy the rest of your school year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely honored! Can't wait to post about the weekend!

      Delete
  3. I have been debating getting a fit bit... I think I might have to get one now...
    thanks for always linking up... love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get one! l love seeing all your Instagram posts for working out! A friend and I are now walking at 5:00am (ugg) but it's fun! Friend me if you get one!

      Delete
  4. My friend has a fitbit and she is always going on and on about how she's trying to beat all her family to get to #1 on the list! Great way to motivate people to get in shape! :)

    --Caitlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy how many steps I take in a day. What really freaks me out is that it records sleep pattern at night!

      Delete
  5. I think I may need to get a fitbit myself....maybe that will encourage me to get off my lazy boo-tay!
    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies 
    Visit my Facebook page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the adding friends thing...I've been "taunted" "encouraged" and "taunted"!
      I'm obsessed with the app! Let me know if you get one...

      Delete
  6. Howdy! I always love "meeting" fellow Texas teachers! I'm from the DFW area, but I am currently teaching English to blind kiddos in South Korea. I can't wait to get back to Texas and eat some good old-fashioned amazing American food. Where in Texas do you teach? And I want to hear all about Genius Hour!
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the mention. It was fabulous meeting you, too. You are definitely one of my educational heroes! It sounds like you have some exciting days ahead of you! We definitely need to meet again sometime this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YoBit allows you to claim FREE CRYPTO-COINS from over 100 distinct crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as much as coins you can from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and resume claiming.

    You can press CLAIM as much as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will stored in your account, and you can convert them to Bitcoins or USD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outstanding article You provided some useful information in this article, and I will undoubtedly share it as well. Thanks! In a same vein, we're going to share something with you that has to do with Fake Drivers License Generator. This knowledge proved to be quite helpful. I'm hoping this knowledge may be helpful to you as well.

    ReplyDelete