Thursday, July 4, 2013

Tune into Technology


 Lovin' this linky! Tune into Technology for this week is Integrating Math. Join iTeach 1:1 for this great linky!


My math instruction is mainly small group instruction with a smattering of whole group. There is always a technology component. Here are the signs you that I post so students know what the rotations will be for the day/week. 


These are just a few of the sites I use for my rotations. 


Math Fact Fluency Practice

Xtra Math-great free site! (My daughter is using it this summer!)

My students love multiplication.com! 


Grand Prix is one of the games on this site. This is the all time favorite because it is a multi-player game. My students create a room with a code number where they all join. A bit of friendly competition!
Also, a great time to talk about chat rooms, even though this isn't one...digital citizenship and safety online.




Math Projects




BeFunky is just a fun photo editing program. My students took pictures around the school and then created math problems. The changed up the pictures using BeFunky. 
Once they altered the pictures, they added them to Comic Life. 

Take Me Out to the Ball Game- I did not create this Glogster poster, but it has proven to be a great resource for my students. We are in a big time baseball/softball community. This project is a big hit with my students! (Get it? Big hit! Hee-hee!)

Google Docs!!!! Love it! Whenever there is a chance to post class results, we do, using Google Docs.
My students love watching the big screen as data is being posted.

Games! 
A have a page on my class website called This Week's Links. Each week I post online games related to the skills we studying.
 There are so many different Rags to Riches skill games! If you do a Google search for the skill and Rags to Riches, you'll get tons of hits.
I usually have my students work in teams to see which group makes a million dollars first!
Mr. Nussbaum has tons of great games!
My list of game resources could go on and on and on...but...it is the 4th of July and my pool is calling me!






Happy 4th! 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Charlotte,
    I love your math project ideas! I love the idea of students taking pictures around the school, editing them and then adding them into Comic Life. I think I could do this as a reading themed project too- thanks for the great ideas!
    Thanks so much for linking up!
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! Thanks for sharing your ideas :)
    -Julie

    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Xtra Math but I'll have to check out multiplication.com because my kiddos need a lot of practice with multiplication fluency. I love your picture idea with BeFunky. Do you have any pictures of what your kiddos created? I would totally be interested in seeing them! Sounds so awesome! Thanks for linking up with us.:)

    Kristin
    iTeach 1:1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the great resources! We use Xtra Math too and it has been great for my kids practicing their fact fluency! I definitely want to take a closer look at BeFunky...I bet kids get so excited to take pictures, alter them and then write a story problem...so much more fun then just drawing an ordinary picture! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up!

    Amanda
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete