Friday, February 15, 2013

Five on Friday

What an insane week! Really insane!  We have had a modified schedule 3 days out of 5. Professional development on Monday, walk to the Jr. School to see a play, 11 essays due by Thursday, technology webinar, Boosterthon craziness...but tons of fun!

Linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five for Friday. Love doing this!



As one of the Boosterthon class incentives for reaching $50 per lap pledge, my class earned fort day.
Students brought sheets, blankets, pillows and tons of books for a 1/2 day of reading in their fort.



Boosterthon Fun Run
We ended our school fundraiser with a fun run! 
I had a wonderful parent order pirate bandanas, tattoos, and rings. 




Transformations in Geometry
My students created transformation books to show their knowledge. I provided cute Valentine monsters or they could create their own graphics. Super cute! They also had to create a Monster on the Move story. The monster started at one location, made 2 transformations and 
asked a question about the end location. 


So...I'm coming in from recess duty and through the door I can see my superintendent and asst superintendent of elem. curriculum (At first couldn't see my principal, assistant principal and curriculum director off to the side) I was hesitant to walk through the door. They were there to present me with flowers for being awarded the "Teacher of the Year" for our school district.



Valentine goodies from my super sweet students.


Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of Fort Day! I do something similar in my class as a major reward: it's called a Reading In-TENTS party :) where the kiddos bring in pillows, blankets, and flashlights and build tents to read in for the morning.

    Congratulations on being Teacher of the Year - what an honor!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on Teacher of the Year for the whole district! Impressive!

    The Science Penguin

    ReplyDelete