Wednesday, August 29, 2012

First Week...So far

So, I sent my daughter off to fourth grade! Of course, she had her cute
gift basket for each teacher. 

It's been a busy 3 days. I have a wonderful class!
For the first day, I took a picture of each student holding "1st Day of 5th Grade" frame.  The pictures turned out super cute. Gotta love them for open house!

Lot's of getting to know you activities. Here is a new one (for me at least) that my students are doing this year. Saw this somewhere...you know how that goes...click this link-head to that link-over to the next link and then...where did I see that?
Anyway, the activity my students are working on is My Life in Numbers!
Here is my example. It's not due until Friday. I can't wait to see what they come up with for their poster.




















I started math stations today. My students did a great job! We set up our expectations. Even though, one of the stations was to be with me, I had them sit at the table and work on designing their math notebook while I walked around monitoring. After each rotation, we came back as a whole group and debriefed. By the fourth rotation, all was smooth! What really floored me was that 20/24 students had never been to multiplication.com! They loved it!
Let's see how tomorrow goes!


No comments:

Post a Comment